The FUNdamentals of Alcohol Ink - Chapter Two - Level Two - Birds
Chapter 2 - Level 2 - Hummingbirds • Cardinal • Peacock
Five Complete Projects • Self Paced Course • 24/7 - 24 month membership
This section is going to carry you into the joy of the right-brain shift and of really seeing value and better understanding color using cmy color. Introducing more tools and inking techniques along with some basic drawing lessons. You'll be encouraged to allow your unique personality to shine through in your art while rendering joyful hummingbirds (and a cardinal and a peacock) The principles and procedures covered here will expand and refine your skill set.
Section two covers techniques for adding representational subjects to abstracted backgrounds. More emphasis is placed on getting the results you want through understanding basic light and form. There's more on values and the important role that planning your focal point and composition plays in your work. Working with markers and on Yupo paper will also be explored more in depth in this section. Even if you are an advanced painter, there are sure to be many tidbits of information among the five complete step by step video projects. There are lessons on staying loose, working wet into wet, using reference material creatively and sizing your work. At this level, you'll really start seeing shapes and become more confident with sketching and composition.
Included in chapter two are five complete step by step bird lessons (3 hummingbirds, a cardinal and a peacock), 31 videos, 17 PDF print outs, access to supply lists, Blick U List and printouts and resource links. And you'll get a lifetime membership in the private Learn.Love.Create Facebook group where fellow students' work is displayed, discussions are launched and inspirational content by yours truly is updated frequently. This chapter will be released to you upon enrollment. Be sure to watch the video below.
CHAPTER TWO - We Love Painting Birds
Five Complete Projects - 31 Videos • 17 PDF Printouts
Learning to better see, draw and paint simple bird shapes
Creating Backgrounds, working with reference, designing and drawing
• Creating Backgrounds, working with reference, , designing and drawing
• Also are the all techniques sections - not a specific project
• How to use multiple references to create your design
• More in-depth free hand drawing techniques Included
• Using tracing paper to make and refine your own designs
• How to scale your design on your copier, using a proportional scale
• Demo is done on ceramic tile, but techniques
can be done on any non-porous surface
• How to achieve various background effects and values
• Videos on creating and analyzing light, medium and dark splattered backgrounds
• lifting and putting down ink
• Using markers and pens for finishing
• Techniques that are useful for all art