The FUNdamentals of Alcohol Ink - Chapter One - Level One - Basics
Chapter 1 - Level 1 - Colors, Values, Techniques • Six Complete Projects • Self Paced Course • 2/7 - 24 month membership
Level 1 is all about laying a good foundation and getting ready to experience a better understanding of color and value, using words that inspire a deeper connection to your creativity. We're going to be unleashing the inks on ceramic tiles, while exploring techniques that foster a more relaxed mindset. This allows us to experience more playfulness and joy in the process.
Chapter one covers getting motivated and organized. Here you'll develop a better understanding of CMY colors, color mixing and the color wheel (primaries, secondaries and compliments). You'll be using a value finder to identify and produce a full range of values. Various textures, using patterns and transferring art using several techniques. Even if you are an advanced painter, there's sure to be many unrealized gems of information hidden among the five color mixing exercises, using various alcohol based products. There are five complete projects using inspirational words as our subject.
Included in this first section are six projects, 37 videos, 24 PDF print outs, Blick U supply list and printouts, resource links - all until 1/1/2022. And you get lifetime membership in the private Learn.Love.Create members' Facebook group where fellow students' work is displayed, discussions are launched and inspirational content by yours truly is updated frequently. This chapter will be released to you upon enrollment.
CHAPTER ONE - Working With Color and Value
Six Complete Projects - 37 Videos • 21 PDF Printouts
Understanding The Basics of Color and Value
• Understanding and Working with Alcohol Ink Colors
• 5 videos and 4 print outs on color wheel and Understanding CMY colors.
• Also Includes 8 Tips Videos on set up and making color charts, ceramic tiles, finishing, sealing, etc.
• Comparison and exercises using four major ink brands and markers.
• Explains color wheels, making charts and mixing basics
• Creating Background textures and Working with Values
• How to achieve various effects and textures
• How control lightness and darkness using 3 primary colors
• Stamping techniques Include felt & foam
• How to use a value finder to analyze your results
• Demos are done on 3 x 6” ceramic tiles, but techniques can be done on any white non-porous surface
• Lettering and Inking on an Opaque Surface
• Standard methods for making and using Patterns
• How to use White and Black Transfer Paper and details on finishing
• Not just lettering, these techniques are useful for all art!
• Three complete typeface printout Sheets
• How to use tracing paper to make your own patterns
• Two alternate transfer techniques
• Layout techniques - step by step
• How to scale your design on your copier
• Understanding and using a proportional scale